Following on from similar post I did a few years back about CCM7 in VirtualBox with a SIP trunk to a 2621XM, I’ve recreated the process for CCM9 with a few differences.
The final environment looks like the below:
- Cisco SRP527W ADSL2+ Router
- Ethernet to Ubuntu 11.04 running as the VirtualBox Host
- Call Manager 9 Virtual Machine Guest
- Ubuntu 12.04 Guest
- GNS3 inside the 12.04 Guest
- 2621XM running as CUBE inside GNS3
- SIP trunk between Call Manager 9 and the 2621XM
- SIP trunk between external provider and the 2621XM (my provider is Internode)
I won’t detail the SRP or VirtualBox Host config – it’s far too simple. The only note to add is to turn SIP ALG on on the SRP and forward 5060-5062 to the IP of your GNS3 router.